Das in Rom beheimatete Cinematic Horror Prog Project THE HORROR LEGACY hat einen Vertrag mit Time To Kill Records unterzeichnet, das neue Album "Days of Terror" soll im Februar 2022 erscheinen.
Auf dem Album könnt ihr Neuinterpretationen von bekannten Filmmelodien hören, darunter "28 Days Later", "Cannibal Holocaust", "The Thing", "Tubular Bells", "Zombie 2", "Phantasm", "Halloween", "Inferno", "Beyond The Darkness" und "Escape from New York".
Die erste Single "Inferno / Mater Tenebrarum" könnt ihr hier antesten: THE HORROR LEGACY
Die Band kommentiert:
The band states: "Everyone in the band is a big fan of progressive rock from the 70’s. Among that kind of bands a special mention is reserved to Emerson, Lake & Palmer, whose keyboard player has been a source of inspiration for lots of musicians, as well as for composers. Keith Emerson was an accomplished soundtrack composer too, and his most famous work has been Dario Argento’s 'Inferno'. Among the OST music the tracks that stand out are the main titles theme 'Inferno', based on sweet piano arpeggios that create an increasing and disturbing atmosphere, and 'Mater Tenebrarum', a march with a classical flavor dominated by a strong and fierce opera-esque choir that sings the praises of the 'Mater Tenebrarum', main character of the movie. With the help of opera singers as guests, we have chosen to perform a medley of the mentioned tracks, adopting a modern and heavy arrangement more than the original recordings, yet keeping the spirit that permeates Emerson’s creations intact".
The album was recorded, mixed and mastered by Giuseppe Ranieri, Roberto Fasciani and Titta Tani at MMI Roma Studio.
Many guests are involved: Maestro Fabio Frizzi, one of the greatest composers for horror movies, bassist/keyboardist Dave Neabore from American band DOG EAT DOG, Japanese keyboardist Mirai Kawashima from SIGH and former NECROPHAGIA, Stian Smorholm (aka Iscariah), former bassist of Norwegian black metal band IMMORTAL, and former NECROPHAGIA and DEAD TO THIS WORLD, Chuck Sherwood, bassist of INCANTATION and Dome from FULCI!
1. Days Of Terror (Intro) (written by TV Crimes)
2. Halloween Theme - Main Title (written by John Carpenter)
3. Buio Omega (written by Goblin)
4. Inferno / Mater Tenebrarum (written by Keith Emerson)
5. Zombi 2 - Sequence 8 (written by Fabio Frizzi)
6. 28 Days Later - In the house / In the heartbeat (written by John Murphy)
7. The Thing - Desolation / Humanity Part 2 (written by Ennio Morricone)
8. Cannibal Holocaust Main Theme (written by Riz Ortolani)
9. Tubular Bells (written by Mike Oldfield)
10. Escape from New York Main Title (written by John Carpenter)
11. Phantasm Main Title (written by Fred Myrow and Malcolm Seagrave)
Titta Tani: drums
Roberto Fasciani: bass
Giacomo Anselmi: guitar
Pasquale Renna: keyboards